-Senior students who have applied for any college application early/rolling deadlines MUST BE READING ANY EMAILS SENT TO THEM from these colleges
- If senior applied early action/decision/rolling to at least one college this Fall, please note that it takes time for colleges to download, sort and verify the materials they receive from all over the world as they update their portals. Even though documents come in electronically, usually the information needs to be matched and verified by admissions staff and this takes time. It is possible that you might get an automated email from the college you have applied to stating that your transcript or letters of recommendation are missing. Most likely the materials were already sent, but have not been processed on the college side yet. If the problem persists, we recommend that you call the university to double check on the status of your application. If the situation is not resolved within a week, please check with your counselor or the Guidance Office regarding the status of your documents. Please be assured that all items from BHS will be submitted on time if you met our deadlines.
In addition, do not hesitate to contact Mr. Libenzon, BHS College Counselor, with any questions regarding the application process.
The next deadlines for transcript requests are:
December 1 deadline - request by November 3 (late)
December 15 deadline – request by November 17
January 1st deadline - request by November 27
- Contact your counselor – email, stop by, leave a note
- See College Counselor Lenny Libenzon – Room 279/162
- See Career Counselor Kate Cordner – Room 279/280 – T-W-Th
Helpful FAFSA info link - "5 Things Students should do after filling out the FAFSA" - http://www.linkforcounselors.com/5-things-students-filling-fafsa/
- Financial Aid Pitfalls to Avoid – Next to applying for admissions, applying for financial aid is perhaps the biggest challenge on the road to college (CollegeData website) - https://www.collegedata.com/cs/content/content_payarticle_tmpl.jhtml?articleId=10217
- NYT Education article – Admissions Tips on Getting Into the Dream College -https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/education/edlife/admissions-tips-on-getting-into-dream-college.html
Juniors – UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER:
* PSAT scores released online to students during the week of December 11, 2017
* Come to PSAT score report workshop by Lenny Libenzon on
Thurs December 14 – X block
* December 13, 7 pm, Auditorium - Students and Parents - Jr Timeline/SUMMIT College Admissions Testing Overview
- Career Exploratory activities have started in Gr 10 Advisories. Guidance counselors will do follow up activities in Feb on this work to support 10th graders in using their career exploration as they consider courses for junior year.
- UPCOMING DATE TO REMEMBER for Gr 10 Parents: January 10, 2018 – PTO/ BHS Guidance co-sponsor breakfast, MLK, 8:15-9:15 am – Ways to Support Your Sophomore for Life After High School – Led by Darby Neff-Verre, Lenny Libenzon, and Counselors
Gr 9 Guidance Seminar #1 continues in Advisories through November 21. Students can also stop by their counselor’s office to say hello, ask questions. If the counselor is not available, students should leave them a note or send an email so they know you were looking for them!