Ms. Stephanie Hunt
- Race/Ethnicity: Cape Verdean / Irish
- Alma Matter: Bridgewater State University, Tufts University
- Degrees/Majors: B.A. History, M.A. History
- Teaching Experience: 10 years
"Coordinating the African American and Latino Scholars Program at BHS is, quite literally, my dream job. I arrive to school each day excited and eager and leave feeling empowered and fulfilled. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach and learn from the best and the brightest, our future leaders and change agents."
"While success in high school is important, our goal for the Scholars extends beyond their four years in Brookline. We hope that they leave high school having taken advantage of the many opportunities within the school as well as academic and enrichment programs outside of Brookline. In doing so, our Scholars will be in a position where they will not only excel at college/university, but they will thrive - all on the institution's dime!"
Dr. Oyeshiku Carr
- Race/Ethnicity: Black
- Alma Matter: Wesleyan University
- Degrees/Majors: B.A. History, M.A. History, PhD Comparative Modern African Politics
- Teaching Experience: 8 years
Dr. Carr hopes to do his part in aiding all members of the Scholars Program in attaining scholarships and admission to prestigious universities.
"I enjoy working with students who have high expectations for themselves. I hope that my academic and professional achievements can serve as example and inspiration."